Britain's Best Classic Destination
30 November, 2017
Footman James are pleased to announce in partnership with Practical Classics magazine, that we are on the hunt to discover UK destinations you love to take your classic to.
Days out in a classic car can be memorable for a number of reasons, but we want to find the ultimate classic destination. Whether your idea of the perfect destination to be with your classic is a scenic point in Wales, an idyllic country house or even an incredible museum which is happy to welcome classics... we want to know what makes the place significant to you and what makes it the paramount place to travel to in your classic vehicle.
You will be able to submit your nomination through the Practical Classics website (with an image), where all the entries will be collected. Then you'll get the option to vote for your favourite destinations, once the votes have been counted we will announce the top ten alongside Practical Classics.
Then of course, the real competition begins as we start a tour around Britain to sample the destinations for ourself.
1. ‘Britain’s Best Classic Destination’ nomination phase opens 9am on Wednesday 29th November 2017 and closes 5pm on Thursday 4th January 2018.
2. You may nominate and vote via www.practicalclassics.co.uk/bestclassic
3. Only destinations in England, Wales & Scotland may be nominated, nominations of destinations outside of England, Wales & Scotland will not be counted
4. A shortlist of destinations will be picked by the judging panel, Danny Hopkins Editor of Practical Classics, James Walshe Assistant Editor of Practical Classics and Charlotte Moseley, Digital Marketing Manager at Footman James. The Judge’s decision is final.
5. The shortlisted destinations will be revealed in the March issue of Practical Classics, on sale 24th January 2018.
6. Voting on the shortlist will commence on 24th January 2018, and end on 24th February 2018.
7. The top ten choices will be the ten destinations receiving the most votes by the public. In the result of a tie, the Practical Classics editorial team will decide between the tied destinations and this decision will be final.
8. If a top ten-voted destination does not wish to participate, the next highest destination voted by the public will make the top ten.
9. Practical Classics will visit the top ten destinations on a 7 day tour, Sunday 6th May – Saturday 12th May 2018 (tour dates subject to change), to rank their favourites. The tour and top ten destinations will be featured in the July issue of Practical Classics, on sale 13th June 2018.
10. Employees of Bauer Consumer Media Ltd and Footman James are not eligible to nominate or vote.
11. You must be over 18 years of age to nominate and vote.
12. One nomination and vote per person.
13. By voting you will be entered into a prize draw for the winner and one guest to join Practical Classics for 1 night of the ‘Britain’s Best Classic Destination’ tour.
14. Entrants must be available to join the Practical Classics ‘Britain’s Best Classic Destination’ tour for 1 night on one of the tour dates and locations.
15. ‘Britain’s Best Classic Destination’ tour dates are, 6th May, 7th May, 8th May, 9th May, 10th May, 11th May and 12th May, 2018. Locations (to be confirmed on 21st March 2018)
16. The Winner of the Prize will be chosen at random and notified by Monday 2nd March 2018. Only the Winner will be contacted personally
17. The Winner will be given a choice of seven dates and tour locations on the tour and must confirm their chosen date and location to accept the Prize. The winner will receive £50 and Bauer Media will book and pay costs of bed and breakfast for the winner and their guest of the chosen date
18. The Winner is responsible for getting to and from the chosen tour location, including any costs of getting to and from the location. No food or drink will be provided
19. Bauer reserves the right to disqualify entries if they have reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent entry has occurred.
20. The promoters accept no responsibility for resultant loss or damage to persons or properties (other than death or personal injury due to negligence of the promoters or their agents) as a result of these prizes being awarded
21. Bauer cannot promise that the Website will be free from errors or be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition
22. Bauer will not be liable to you or to any other 3rd party in the event that all or any part of the Website is discontinued, modified or changed in any way
23. If there is any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning voting or the operation of any part of the entry process the decision of Bauer shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. To accept the Prize, the Winner must respond to the email notification from Bauer Media within 3 days.
25. If a Winner is not contactable by Bauer Media or is not able to attend any of the tour dates or locations, Bauer Media reserves the right to deem the Prize as unclaimed, forfeited or unaccepted and an alternative Winner will be chosen
26. All prizes are subject to availability, non-transferable and non-exchangeable and there is no cash alternative.
27. The Winner agrees and procures not to sell, offer to sell or use the Prize for any commercial or promotional purpose (including placing the Prize on an internet auction site).
28. All decisions in relation to the competition and/or redemption of the prizes are final. No discussions or correspondence with entrants or any other person will be entered into.
29. For full terms and conditions go to http://www.bauerlegal.co.uk/competition-terms.html