International Classic Motorcycle Show 2018
Location: Weston Rd, Stafford, Staffordshire ST18 0BD,
One of the first major classic motorcycle events of the year, the International Classic Motorcycle Show at the Stafford County Showground is in its fourth decade and still pleasing the crowd.
This spring spectacular brings together classic bike lovers from across the nation for a weekend of classic bike displays, trade stands, autojumbles, clubs and special guests.
What to Expect
- Cavalcade: Hopefully, the April showers will keep away as a select few classic bikes will be chosen to head out to the shows main ring in a classic bike parade where onlookers will get to see these bikes in action.
- Classic Dirt Bike Experience: For the more ‘nitty gritty’ of you all, over in the Classic Dirt Bike off-road arena there will be daily trial demonstrations from the Owd Codgers.
- Classic Racer GP Paddock: Outside, the Classic Racer GP Paddock will be firing up some of the world’s most famous race machines twice a day.
- Classic Motorcycle Clubs: The heart of the classic vehicle movement will be heading to Stafford over the weekend. In attendance will be a number of Footman James partner clubs, who will be happy to provide you with information and advice about your classic bike. Not only this, if you become a member of one of our affiliated club partners, you can receive a classic bike insurance members discount! Find out what clubs you can join to get an FJ discount here.
- Insurance Advice: As usual, our team are on hand to answer all your burning classic bike insurance questions. This year we also have two beautiful classic bikes on display courtesy of our partners at the National Motorcycle Museum. To read more about the vehicles, click here.
- National Motorcycle Museum Half Price Admission: Not only this, for all those attending, you can head over to the Footman James stand to receive a free voucher that entitles you to half price admission at the National Motorcycle Museum, which lasts until the end of 2018!
- Private Entries: With a focus on British machines, many classic bikes will be on show in their prime condition, with the likes of Norton, BSA and Triumph being just some of the marques on display over the weekend. Alongside some of the club stands, enthusiast’s private entries will also be competing for a range of awards, including the desired Best in Show.
- Star Guests: Past events has seen the likes of John McGuinness, Carl Fogarty, Sebastian Vettel, Richard Hammond and James May.
- Trade and Autojumble: The Stafford show is one of the biggest of its kind, so for this reason, you can expect many trade stands and auto-jumblers attending the event selling parts, pieces, spares and accessories for those of you looking for that vital missing component.
- VMCC Hall: A new feature this year is the VMCC Hall; a room dedicated to the Vintage Motor Cycle Club. Previously used for restoration demonstrations, the room will host a theme to mark the achievements of Len Hubert Vale-Onslow, who, along with his brother, designed the S-O-S motorcycle frame. In the hall you will get to see more than nine other examples, including the LENA motorcycle that was built by Vale-Onslow in the 1920s.
- Wall of Death: The exciting ring of terror returns as the wall of death sees the Fox family ride around in circles in this ‘edge of your seat’ performance. Entertaining since the 1920s, the family take to the stage as they ride around a 20ft high vertical wall.
- 1 Day Ticket £12.00
- 2 DayTicket £24.00
- Child (Under 12) 1 Day £3.00
- Child (Under 12) 2 Day £6.00
We look forward to seeing you at the show!