National Car Club Unsung Hero’ award finalists revealed
24 February, 2016
Last month, specialist insurance broker Footman James confirmed its sponsorship of the National Car Club Unsung Hero award at the prestigious ceremony taking place at the NEC, on the evening of Saturday 5 March; running alongside the Practical Classics Restoration & Classic Car Show.
After four weeks of voting, nine finalists have now been revealed as the top contenders with a chance to win the club devotee ‘unsung hero’ award. The winner will be announced on the evening of March 5th at the Practical Classics Restoration Show
Vauxhall Cavalier and Chevette Club/ Richard Watt
• Organised two events for the Vauxhall Cavalier and Chevette Club
• Organised club's annual stand at Vauxhall Bedford Association Rally plus other shows
• Great ambassador who talks in great depth and enthusiasm to everyone.
Jaguar XJS Club / Mike and Carol Bain
• Outstanding service to the Jaguar XJS Club - supports and promotes the club.
• Design, buy, make and maintain everything required to support members at all events
• Set up at every show - welcoming members with shelter, free hot drinks, breakfast or lunch
• Maintains clubs accounts as club treasurer.
Midget and Sprite Club/ Alan Anstead
• Continues to give his time, patience and extensive knowledge to MASC club members
• Contribution to restoration, management and longevity of AH Sprites and MG Midgets
Ginetta Owners' Club / Andrew Smith
• Webmaster of the Ginetta Owners' Club
• Instrumental in getting club at Practical Classic Restoration and Classic Car Show 2015
• Helped many members with restorations - advice and hands on help.
• Great asset to the Ginetta Owners' Club and its members.
The Imp Club / Bob Allen
• Involved in The Imp Club events, showing his car at the NEC in 1985
• Took on role of Caledonian registrar (1997) leading to opening of Warrington area centre
• Holds regular monthly meets, attending shows and events in the North West.
• First committee role (1991) as treasurer - solely responsible for spares (1993)
• Trustee of Rootes Archive Centre Trust
The Ford Y & C Model Register / Bob Wilkinson
• Instrumental for over twenty years in driving The Ford Y & C Model Register club forward
• Talented in organising - lead organiser for Old Ford Rally held at the British Motor Museum
• Club Secretary - responsible and aware of technical and regulatory matters.
Boston Classic Car Club / John Simpson
• Promotes the Boston Classic Car Club and general classic car movement
• Serving as Chairman for over 20 years, and now as Honorary President.
• Works for Practical Classics magazine - workshop, carrying out memorable restorations.
Porsche Club GB / Mac and Sue McCloud
• Members of the Lancashire region of Porsche Club GB for decades
• Volunteered to run the club shop
• Planned and organised 'Porkers in the Trough'
• Did points tally work for the National Concours at Althorp House
• Assistant organisers for the Lancashire region
Jowett Car Club / Alan Bartlett
• Proved himself to be a stalwart of the Jowett Car Club
• Takes Jowett everywhere and spreads the word about the club to new audiences
• Responsible for instigating club Facebook page; popular with other members
• Breath of fresh air to the club - inspiring attitude and enthusiasm
David Bond, Footman James’ Managing Director said: “We are proud to be associated with this new prestigious awards ceremony sponsoring the ‘National Car Club Unsung Hero’ award in the Club Devotee category. We work closely with classic car clubs so it is a delight to recognise the hard work and commitment they put into their passion. We have now narrowed down the competition to nine finalists who have some amazing and inspiring stories. We are very confident we will find our 'unsung hero'.
For more information about the awards, visit http://www.necrestorationshow.com/ncc-awards