Website: Beaulieu Spring Autojumble
The Beaulieu Spring Autojumble
Location: National Motor Museum, Beaulieu, Brockenhurst, Hampshire SO42 7ZN,
The classic car restoration game is an often frustrating, but hugely rewarding one for nearly all of us.
And for hundreds, the final piece in the jigsaw of this painstaking quest has been found at a popular annual car fair in a picturesque New Forest village.
Yes, the 22nd edition of the Spring Autojumble returns to Beaulieu this May, courtesy of the National Motor Museum.
Enthusiasts will have more than 1,000 stands to choose from in a veritable Aladdin’s Cave of car parts.
As well as spare parts and tools, you’ll find all sorts of other automotive attractions, including:
- Motoring miscellany
- Model vehicles
5 Spring Autojumble highlights:
- A major Minor turnout: Among the owner’s clubs out in force is Dorset’s Morris Minor crew. Its “Moggy Fest” aims to showcase a model from each year of the loveable car’s manufacture (between 1948 and 1971). The club will also be recreating a Morris showroom from the 1960s.
- Motormart marvel: Up to 100 motors of all descriptions and price tags will be available for sale; from full restoration projects to premium classics.
- Land Rover rummage: You’re invited to hunt through a treasure trove of assorted parts from the ever-popular 4x4.
- Car-building challenge: Great fun. Employees from the magazine, Practical Classics, will be trying to hit 60mph in a vehicle made exclusively from parts sold in the Spring Autojumble!
- Walkabout Auction: Spring Autojumble Sunday wouldn’t be complete without this event, which gives a late chance for show attendees to snap up even later bargains.
National Motor Museum, Beaulieu, Brockenhurst, Hampshire SO42 7ZN.
Saturday-Sunday, May 16-17.
Tickets, priced £10 (adults) and £7.70 (children), can be bought on the door. Order in advance to enjoy discounts by ringing 01590 612888 or visiting the website.
Autojumble stands can be booked from £66.50, while Motormart spaces cost £30. To book these ring 01590 614614 or message here.
But that’s not all
Event guests can also enjoy all the trappings of this New Forest attraction while they’re there, including:
- The world-renowned National Motor Museum
- World of Top Gear
- On Screen Cars
- Beaulieu Abbey
- Palace House
- A Chequered History; its new 2015 exhibition, which traces rallying and racing’s colourful history via a spectacular show of competitive motors.