Footman James to sponsor the ‘National Car Club Unsung Hero’ award second year running
21 February, 2017
Footman James will be sponsoring of the National Car Club Unsung Hero award for the second year running at the prestigious ceremony, National Car Club Awards taking place at the NEC, on the evening of Saturday 1 April.
The awards will take place in the evening alongside the Practical Classics Restoration & Classic Car Show. The show is set to attract visitors and exhibitors from all around the UK. Now in its second year, the awards will give enthusiasts, classic car club members and Classic Car Weekly readers the opportunity to make nominations in 3 categories plus 2 special recognition awards.
The National Car Club Unsung Hero award to be sponsored by Footman James is in the ‘Devoted Member Categories’. Following on from last year, entrants will be nominated via a public vote giving voters ample time to vote for their favourites in each category.
David Bond, Footman James’ Managing Director said: “We are proud to be sponsoring the Unsung Hero Award for the second year running! Last year’s event was a great success and we look forward to celebrating with the clubs and recognising them for their hard work in 2016”.
- Car Club categories
- Outstanding Club Magazine of the Year (Printed)
- Outstanding Use of Social Media
- Outstanding Website of the Year
- Outstanding Car Club Event (including Run or Rally)
- Outstanding Support of Next Generation
- National Car Club of the Year
Cherished Car categories AND Car Club Display awards
- Best Car Club Display and Exhibition Stand (under 75 square metres)
- Best Car Club Display and Exhibition Stand (over 75 square metres)
- Best Restored Car in Show
- Best Car in Show
- Best Live Working on Cars at Show
Devoted Member categories
- National Car Club Unsung Hero
- National Car Club Ambassador of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement Award
Special Recognition Awards
- Best of the Best category – National Car Club Winners Award
- Judges Special Recognition Award
After a few weeks of voting, ten finalists have now been revealed as the top contenders with a chance to win the club devotee ‘unsung hero’ award with the winners announced on the evening of the Practical Classics Restoration Show.
The Unsung Hero Finalists
- Avenger & Sunbeam Owners Club/ Steve Conry
- Gordonkeeble Owners Club/ David Yeomans
- Metro Owners Club/ Tom Morley
- Midget And Sprite Club/ Gary Lazarus
- Morris Register/ Pat And Barbara Farmer
- Riley Motor Club/ Nicholas Walton
- Boston Classic Car Club / John Simpson
- Sunbeam Talbot Alpine Register/ Pauline Blake
- Tameside Car Collectors Club/ Peter Moore
- The Crayford Convertible Car Club/ Barry Priestman
- The Rover P6 Club/ Brian Humphreys