National Motorcycle Museum
The Museum first opened its doors in October 1984 with a collection of 350 motorcycles on display.
Since opening, this magnificent centre has become the largest motorcycle museum in the world and attracts around 250,000 visitors a year. One of the biggest attractions for many guests is the comprehensive cross-section of machines, spanning the "60 Glorious Year" of motorcycle manufacturing in this country. The museum’s aim is to preserve these pieces of history for future generations to come, as a reminder of this great nations industry, engineering prowess and work ethic. Within the five exhibition halls will be found some 1000 plus machines, fully restored to the manufacturers original specifications.
Visit www.thenmm.co.uk for more details on both the Museum & The Museum Friends Membership scheme.
Wider eligibility cover now available for Friends of the NMM:
- Young enthusiasts from aged 18 (holding a full UK license for at least a year)
- Bikes covered from 20 years old
- Maximum mileage allowance of 10,000 miles.
**Premium example based on: 1954 Norton ES2. Value: £4500. Main policy only and does not include any FJ+ cover options. All premiums assume the vehicle is not the main bike and includes Insurance Premium Tax. Male driver aged over 25 years old, 2000 annual limited mileage, and full clean driving licence with no claims or convictions. Member of associated club. Postcode OX10, vehicle garaged with no modifications. An additional £10 arrangement fee applies.
Not a Friends Of NMM Member yet?
Friends of the NMM members will receive a number of benefits upon joining. Some of these benefits are listed below.
- Joining pack & membership card.
- Unlimited free entry to the Museum for one year.
- 10% Discount in Museum shop & restaurant.
- One Free "Bruce Main-Smith" photocopy set per annum (value can be up to £31.00)
- Access to regular workshop instruction day’s provided by the Museum’s restoration team.
- Full colour quarterly newsletter.
- Amazing "friends only" competitions & giveaways every year-
- To launch the Museum Friends Scheme the first 5000 Members to join will all be entered into a free draw to win a 1951 500cc Matchless G80 Motorcycle. One Member from the first 5000 WILL win a Beautiful Matchless worth over £4000.00!
- Discounts at a range of selected partners & service providers including perks and privileges at over 4000 Best Western hotels around the world.
Visit the NMM website to find out more information.
As part of being a Friend of the NMM member you will also have access to our ‘Club Specialists.’ These are members of the Footman James team who have a knowledge of all things classic motorcycle related – while also keeping up to speed with all things NMM related. So you can be sure that when you are speaking to a member of our team you are dealing with someone who shares your passion
Friends of the NMM Member?
Specialist Rates For Club Members