Britain's Best Classic Car Club Road Trip
It’s time to start your engines as Footman James and Practical Classics are on the home straight in their search for Britain’s Best Classic Car Club.
Over the last few months, Footman James and Practical Classics have seen hundreds of nominations for local and regional classic car clubs fighting it out to be crowned the best classic car club in Britain.
The competition has been fierce, but now it’s time to visit your top ten favourite clubs as Footman James and Practical Classics embark on a 2000-mile trip across the UK visiting the top ten finalists.
From June 24 – July 5, you can join the fun and meet the teams at selected locations across Britain; or, if you fancy a true road trip, why not follow the team on each part of their journey?
HERE’S HOW YOU CAN TAKE PART
WEEK 1: JUNE 24-28
- Monday June 24 (4pm-8pm) Pembrokeshire Classic Car Club, Pembroke Dock Heritage Centre, Pembroke Dock SA72 6WS.
- Tuesday June 25 (12 noon) Scenic drive to Penarth via Brecon/the Black Mountain Road. Meet 11am at the Raven Inn, Ammanford SA18 1ND.
- Tuesday June 25 (4pm-8pm) South Wales Classic Car Club, Ysgol y Deri, Sully Road, Penarth CF64 2TP.
- Wednesday June 26 (10am) Bridgewater to Paignton via Exmoor, Lynmouth and Dartmoor. Meet 9am at Premier Inn car park, Bridgewater TA6 4RR.
- Wednesday June 26 (4pm-8pm) Torbay Old Wheels Club, The Blagdon Inn, Paignton TQ4 7PT.
- Thursday June 27 (4pm-8pm) Locks Heath Classic Car Club, The Strawberry Field Tavern, Southampton S0316DX
- Friday June 28 (11am) The Hickstead Hotel to Storrington, via Brighton and South Downs. Meet 10am at the Hickstead Hotel RH17 5NZ.
- Friday June 28 (4pm-8pm) Storrington and District Classic & Sportscar Enthusiasts, The Spur, Arundel BN18 0NE.
WEEK 2: JULY 1-5
- Monday July 1 (4pm-8pm) Scotch Piper Classics, Scotch Piper Inn, Lydiate L31 4HD.
- Tuesday July 2 (10am) Scenic drive from Preston to Warrington, via the Forest of Bowland. Meet 9am at Farington Lodge PR25 4QR
- Tuesday July 2 (4pm-8pm) North West Casual Classics, RAF Burtonwood, Old Hall, Warrington WA5 9YZ.
- Wednesday July 3 (10am) Ironbridge to Silverstone via Severn Valley Railway. Meet 9am at Hadley Park House Hotel, Telford TF1 6QJ
- Wednesday July 3 (4pm-8pm) Silverstone Social Classic Car Club, The Flight Deck Café, Turweston Aerodrome NN13 5YD.
- Thursday July 4 (4pm-8pm) East Coast Retros, The Rose Inn, Shotley, Ipswich OP9 1NL.
- Friday July 5 (4pm-8pm) H-Town Classic & Dub Club, Hitchin Lavender, Caldwell Farm, Ickleford SG5 3UA
So, let the adventure begin! Footman James and Practical Classics welcome all classic car enthusiasts to join them on this wonderful adventure. Keep your eyes peeled on Footman James’ Facebook or Twitter for the announcement of Britain’s Best Classic Car Club in the next couple of weeks.