Date: 06 September, 2014
Location: Beaulieu National Motor Museum, Beaulieu, Brockenhurst, Hampshire, SO42 7ZN
A calendar favourite classic car event turns 48 next month - but it shows no signs of slowing down.
The weekend of September 6 and 7 will see historic vehicle connoisseurs descend on the beautiful New Forest village of Beaulieu.
Event organisers expect another sell-out with a 100-strong classic car auction - Dealermart’s biggest yet - and more than 2,000 stands brimming with motoring bargains.
But that’s not the half of it …
What else can I expect from this year’s event?
- a Bonhams auction of 35 motorbikes, 174 automobile and 125 cars on Saturday (11am start, admission exclusively by catalogue)
- a collection of eclectic vehicles from Automart
- a bid to smash the 60mph mark from a vehicle built from spares off the Autojumble stands. This will honour the golden jubilee of the record land speed mark of 403mph (648.5 kph) achieved by Donald Campbell
- Trunk Traders; featuring new stock on Sunday
Which classics are in the Bonhams auction?
Historic vehicle connoisseurs will be spoilt for choice when it comes to models under the hammer. They include:
- Blue Label 3-Litre (1924, estimated price £220,000-£280,000): this beautiful Bentley is the show’s star with a price tag to match. The 90-year-old coachwork, courtesy of Gurney Nutting, is still part of this amazing vehicle
- Vauxhall 23-60 (1923): this barn discovery was found after nearly three decades in a London garage
- Speed 20SA (1933, estimated price £150,000-£180,000): this magnificently-restored rare collectors’ Alvis Tourer still sports the original Vanden Plas coachwork
- Steam Car Runabout (estimated price £50,000-£60,000): this Stanley 10hp will enchant visitors
- Vauxhall 30-98 (1920, estimated price £150,000-£180,000): this E-Type hasn’t gone under the hammer since 1952
How much will I have to pay?
It’s £14.70 and £13.20 for adults on Saturday and Sunday respectively. Children pay £9.20 on Saturday and £9 Sunday.
This includes free entry to the National Motor Museum’s delights and Beaulieu’s other attractions.
Buy before September 5 by ringing 01590 612888 and you get a discount. Opening times: 10am-5pm Saturday, 9.30am-4.30pm Sunday.