Date: 10 May, 2015
Location: Himley Hall/Park, Staffordshire
The 1960s may have come and gone, but in the motoring world - Minis are never out of fashion.
Next month will see testament to such popularity when connoisseurs of the iconic small car congregate upon a Staffordshire village’s country house and grounds to pay homage.
Sunday, May 10 is the date for your diaries as Himley Hall/Park launches British Mini Club’s (BMC) season of summer shows with the 23rd edition of British Mini Day.
And no stone will be left unturned in the pursuit of putting a big smile on the faces of Mini-loving revellers.
What can visitors look forward to?
- A chance to flaunt their model in front of an appreciative, captive audience.
The Mini Concours section offers owners a chance to show off their machines across 11 different classes. Whether you’ve brought a 1959 gem or drive something much more latter-day, there’s a section for everyone.
- The ever-popular Mini Show and Shine section invites owners who just want to display their vehicles without having to go through the hassle of preparing them for competition
Best of the rest
- An array of the country’s leading Mini dealers
- A chance to win a superb on-the-road Classic Mini 30LE in the prize raffle.
But that’s not all. Organisers are also throwing in £250 off Footman James classic car insurance and a free MoT.
More details will appear on the BMC site nearer the day. Tickets go on sale after 10am from the BMC’s membership centre
- Traders offering a welter of Mini-related products. These include accessories and parts, collectible models, specialised insurance with Footman James among the sponsors, cleaning items and clothing
- Mini clubs out in force. More than 40 are expected this year
- In the unlikely event that you become all “Mini-ed” out, you can take a break drinking in the soothing view of the Hall’s great lake
Want to take part?
Participants are asked to reserve their spots by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, ringing 01384 897779 or downloading application forms from the BMC website (see above).
Want to join the BMC?
Share your car-based experiences with like-minded Mini fans and pool your knowledge by ringing 01384 897779 or joining via the website
Want to buy tickets?
People setting their journey planners for Himley, Dudley, West Midlands DY3 4DF can attend the 10am-5pm event by paying £9 on the gate.
BMC members presenting their existing membership card will get a £2 discount, while children aged 11 or under can enter free when joined by one adult.