Date: 05 June, 2016
Location: Santa Pod Raceway, Airfield Road, Podington, Wellingborough, Northants NN29 7XA
Santa Pod is the spectacular setting for this year’s Classic Ford Show (Sunday, June 5).
The Podington, Northamptonshire raceway is billed as Britain’s leading event for classic Fords.
Hair-raising stunts, Ford drag exhibitions, some of the best Ford club cars around and much more is all promised at this keenly awaited festival.
Jet car and drag demo fun
FireForce has been labelled the jet-powered car with the world’s quickest terminal speed. Will it live up to this billing? Why not see for yourself? It knocks out around 10,000bhp from 5,000lbs of thrust, thanks to its Skycrane helicopter engine. Power, speed and sound all combine to make a riveting attraction not to be missed.
The drag cars will come in the shape of old Ford warriors, including Anglias, Cortinas, Sierras and Capris. Their owners have worked tirelessly across the winter to get them in shape for Santa Pod’s quarter-of-a-mile strip. You can also see them up close and personal in the racetrack’s pit section.
Don’t leave without…
• Accepting the RWYB challenge: The RWYB? Yep, Run What Ya Brung means you’re invited to get your car over the circuit in the quickest time possible from a static start. Participants all get a print-out of their performance
• Trying to win a fab Ford: Here’s your chance to win a Focus ST - and it only costs £1 to enter
• Joining in the fun: You don’t have to be a club member or even a Ford owner to display your vehicle. You can show your pride and joy off for only £20 in a section dedicated to non-club exhibitors
• Catching the clubs: There were over 1,200 of them in 2015. A diverse range of Fords are sure to include some appetite-whetting restorations
• Indulging in some retail therapy: A retail village is to be jam-packed with Ford-themed goodies, such as souvenirs, second-hand parts, clothing, key rings and T-shirts
Get a ticket
Adult tickets are £23 on the day. But you can make a saving of £5 by booking online in advance. Two under-14s are admitted free with each adult. Entry 8am-5pm (clubs 6.30am start).