Ignition Festival of Motoring
Location: SEC, Glasgow,
The three-day long motorsport festival, featuring classic cars, motorbikes, supercars as well as a live test drive facility kicks off Friday 4th August. This year promises to be bigger, faster and louder than previous, with more stunts, viewing areas and even a special new family-friendly driving area.
This year’s Ignition Festival will join some of motorsports most famous icons in their ‘Rally Gods’ spectacular, including Ari Vatanen, Miki Biasion, Juga Kankkunen and Stig Blomqvist who will all be bringing their championship-winning cars to Glasgow. Yet more drivers are to be announced – but with an impressive nine World Rally Championships between them, we’re already excited!
The Motor Show
Returning to Ignition Festival is The Motor Show, featuring a wide selection of vehicles to not only view, but test drive too. There will also be a plethora of exhibitors offering services as well as car products.
Drive Zone & Arcade
New for 2017 will be the outdoor Ride and Drive Zone, allowing visitors to Ignition to experience off-road driving, test drivers as well as a young driver experience. There will also be the opportunity to try both electric motocross and trial bikes.
The Ignition Arcade will be indoors, full of activities for the whole family to enjoy. You will be able to try your hand at Remote Control drifting, Virtual Reality, Simulators as well as remote control truck racing and other gaming areas.
- Ignition Street Circuit – your chance to experience the buzz and noise of rally cars, supercars, motorbikes, classic and drift cars alike on the street circuit throughout the weekend.
- 70 Years of Ferrari – there will be an amazing display of Ferrari cars to celebrate 70 years of the Prancing Horse.
- Ecurie Ecosse – celebrating the 60th anniversary of 24 Hours of Le Mans, with an impressive line-up of Ecurie Ecosse’s equipment both old and new.
- Pit Lane Paddock – your opportunity to get up close and personal to both the cars and their engineers before they go and race on the track.
- Supercar Grid – Who’s your favourite: Lamborghini, Porsche, McLaren or Mercedes? The best part is you don’t have to choose! There will be an incredible selection of supercars on display throughout the event.
Tickets and further information
You can purchase advanced tickets online which cost £27.50 for an adult on your chosen day or £31 on the day. Children (8-16) tickets are £15 in advance or £18 on the day. Children under 8 can attend for free and under 14’s must be accompanied by an adult.