NEC Practical Classics Restoration Show 2018
Dates & Times:
- Friday 23rd March: 10am-5:30pm
- Saturday 24th March: 9am-6pm
- Sunday 25th March: 9am-5pm
Location: National Exhibition Centre, North Ave, Marston Green, Birmingham B40 1NT
One of our favourite events of the year is the NEC Practical Classics Restoration Show.
Officially the UK’s fastest growing classic car event will see more than 25,000 classic vehicle enthusiasts head to the NEC for a fun-fuelled event. There’s estimated to be over 1,000 beautiful classic cars on display, from barn finds and restoration projects to the up-most prestigious marques that are in top condition.
- Barn Finds: Unlock the hidden treasures that are the barn finds. The NEC Practical Classics Restoration show is home to the UK’s biggest Barn Find display, showcasing the classic cars that time forgot. Delved from dusty garages, leaky sheds and outdoor yards there’s sure to be a display like no other.
- Classic Vehicle Clubs: Not forgetting the beating heart of the classic vehicle world are the classic vehicle clubs, who every year turn out in numbers to show off and engage the public in what they can offer. This year there’s expected to be more than 150 classic vehicle clubs. Go and check them out and if you’ve not already, join a society that keeps the classic vehicle industry alive.
- The Live Stage: This year celebrates 70 years of the 2CV, so the Practical Classics team have taken the challenge to revive one of the oldest 2CVs in existence. Not only this, see celebrity hosts, interviews and demonstrations throughout the three days. The Wheeler Dealers are back as Mike Brewer and Ant Anstead join in the classic fun.
- Pride of Ownership: This year’s competition sees the top finalists battle out to win the Pride of Ownership, an annual award that goes to one well deserved winner. Amongst the selection is a stunning Austin Healey Frog Eye Sprite and a beautiful VW MK2 Golf that have both gone under the spanner in their restoration.
- Trader Village and Autojumble: Dive into the bits and bobs, the spares, parts and dinky cars as you hunt for that missing piece. 2018 will see the Autojumble feature over 100 stands for enthusiasts to spend hours looking.
- The Workshop: Enjoy demonstrations and expert advice from a specialist team who offer daily shows that focus on developing your practical bodywork skills and improve your techniques. The team will be covering popular topics for those that are beginning their classic vehicle journey, to those who are more advanced with their projects.
- Classic Car Auctions: 2017 saw the debut of Practical Classics, Classic Car Auction that featured more than 200 cars that saw 75% of vehicles finding a new home. This year brings the thrills of bidding back as you can go against each other to claim your new pride and joy. There’s cars for all budgets!
- Sporting Bears Dream Rides: Think you miss out on all the thrills and excitement of some of the most desired classic and modern vehicles, there’s no need to worry with the Sporting Bear’s Dream Rides. A ten-mile passenger ride takes one charity donator in a ride in a car of their dreams. What better way to collect money for such a deserving cause.
Don’t forget to come and say hello to our Footman James team, who will be on hand to help you out with any insurance advice.
Over the past weeks, we have been on the hunt for Britain’s Best Classic Destination with Practical Classics and have been asking clients and readers to vote for their favourite. Voting has now closed and the top 10 will be revealed over on the Footman James stand at the Practical Classics Restoration Show. Over the weekend come over and help choose the route that you wish for us and the Practical Classics team to take!
So, what’s the cost?
Advanced ticket prices for adults (16+) are £18/ advanced children’s tickets (5-15yrs) are £13/ Family and weekend passes start from £33. Children under 5 go FREE.
On the gate for adults is £21 and £14 for children. Family and weekend passes start from £35. Children under 5 go FREE.