Date: 23 April, 2016
Location: Staffordshire County Showground, Weston Rd, Stafford, Staffordshire ST18 0BD
Is it really four decades since the International Classic Motorcycle Show first graced the events calendar?
Over the years the spectacle has established itself as one of the finest bike shows around.
This year’s festival promises to be no different with the weekend of April 23 and 24 etched firmly into connoisseurs’ diaries.
Stafford’s Staffordshire County Showground is again the setting.
But what can bike fans expect from this year’s show?
Get your hands on a coveted classic
Bonhams Spring Stafford Sale officials are hopeful of at least three models fetching six-figure sums.
Pioneer, vintage and collectors’ motorbikes and related memorabilia and spare parts are all going under the hammer.
But classic bike buffs will be particularly salivating at the prospect of seeing a trio of pre-1940 beauties.
A 77-year-old Vincent-HRD Series-A Rapide is sure to turn heads and attract interest. This 998cc gem is likely to go for anything between £150,000 and £200,000.
Experts have valued a Brough Superior BS4 at between £80,000 and £120,000. The distinctively shaped 1938 800cc machine would be a prized component in anyone’s collection.
Even older than these two, however, comes a Coventry Eagle Flying-8 OHV. The successful bidder is expected to have to pay from £140,000 to £160,000 to secure this 1929 980cc.
Don’t leave without…
• Visiting the Footman James stand: Footman James is delighted to be showcasing on their stand the 1957 Ex works Mondial 250cc DOHC and 1912 750 Verdel Radial Five, provided by Sammy Miller Museum, a museum that houses one of the finest collections of fully restored motorcycles in the world.
• Seeing the dizzying display bikes: There’s always plenty of auto-eye candy at this event. This year should prove no exception
• Checking out the celebs: A host of yet-to-be announced star guests are set to attend the event
• Meeting with classic motorbike groups: This could be your big chance to join a club if you haven’t done so already or reacquaint yourself with like-minded devotees
• Witnessing the live action: Spectacular displays are always guaranteed
• Going shopping: Make sure you take full advantage of the autojumble plots and trade stands