16 December, 2016
The race series has been a staple of the motoring calendar for over a decade, but this was the first time the annual awards evening was hosted at this spectacular London venue.
The Lotus Cup and the Lotus Elise Trophy are two outstanding series focussed on fantastic cars and even better driving.
In Lotus’ own words, the Lotus Cup is a series ‘for the driver looking for a junior GT Formula with sensible running costs and a friendly paddock’.
The Lotus Elise Trophy is for drivers ‘who want to race a prestigious but cost effective car in a professionally run series’ and ‘compete on a performance balanced basis with the latest factory racers’. Both of the events are built for true drivers.
The awards evening brought together the drivers and teams involved in this year’s Lotus Cup and Lotus Elise Trophy, with the night’s top awards being given to the championship winning drivers.
The 3 big winners of the night were…
• MSA Lotus Elise Trophy Championship Winner: Alex Ball
• MSA Lotus Cup Production Champion: Stuart Ratcliff
• MSA Lotus Cup Supersport Champion: Adam Mackay
But there were lots of other incredible winners on the night:
• MSA Lotus Cup Supersport Runner Up: Ryan Savage
• MSA Lotus Cup Production Runner Up: John Lamaster & Luigi Mazza
• MSA Lotus Elise Trophy Runner Up: Stuart Ratcliff
• Lotus Cup & Elise Trophy Team of the Year: Alex Ball & Nicky Ball
• Lotus Cup & Elise Trophy Best Presented Car: Simon Oakley
David Bond, Director of Footman James: “Attending such awards really highlights the dedication and skill of all those involved in motorsport whether it be the as individuals or as part of a wider team – it is great to be involved and to commend them all personally”.
And for a final word, Stephen Docherty, Director of Lotus Cup Series, congratulated all of the winners. He said: “Congratulations to all of the champions and also to all those who took part over the year.
“Lotus Racing is going from strength to strength in the UK and with the support of our partners like Footman James and Competition Car Insurance and the loyalty of the Lotus drivers we are looking forward to an even better season in 2017”.
Find out more about the Lotus Cup here.