06 March, 2014
This autumn classic car lovers will get that key-to-the-sweet shop feeling they could only have dreamed about as a child.
The vintage vehicle treat comes courtesy of Event City, as the prestigious exhibition centre is staging the second Manchester Classic Car Show, once again sponsored by Footman James.
Last year's favourite fancies included exotic supercars such as awesome Aston Martins, luscious Lamborghinis, magnificent Maseratis and fabulous Ferraris. Historic car connoisseurs also enjoyed mouthwatering popular classics from the 1950s to the 1990s, leaving all who attended eager for seconds.
Their long wait ends on the weekend of September 20-21 with organisers promising to "reflect and showcase the very best of the UK's classic motoring scene".
So can it top last year's automotive assembly?
Visitors will enjoy hundreds of cars across all eras, up to 100 car clubs, a huge trade presence, a classic market area and even hands-on restoration demonstrations.
Classic car dealers, private display entries, a concours competition and live Group B Rally action are also promised.
Andy Fairchild, Footman James' Managing Director said: "We are well placed to be main title sponsors for the show as a leading classic car insurer," adding that this year's show will offer fans more than enough to keep them entertained over two full days.
Never fear - here are some top tips on how to enhance your experience:
- Wear comfortable clothes: it can get warm with the bright lights and large footfall
- Bring a camera: few things are more photogenic than well looked after classic cars
- Use social media: start the conversation rolling beforehand by trawling vintage car sites pertinent to this event. Don't forget to tweet @Footman_James
- Be patient: don't be surprised if you have to wait your turn to sit in an exotic supercar
- Ask questions: inquisitiveness is advised while you have so many vintage car experts under one roof. You may regret not asking something when you get home.